Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Pony Express Rides On


My best friend Amy and I are convinced that the US Post Office has something out for us. I sent her Christmas gift in December....it arrived a month later re-boxed, with an "we're sorry your package was damaged in shipping" explanation. Ok we thought accidents do happen and what are the chances of the same thing happening again? WRONG! She sent me these cute finds and I waited, and waited, and waited. A month later they arrived banged up, taped up, and the package looks like it was put through "the ringer" so to speak. Not to mention it has been stamped with at least 3 different dates. So I am convinced that A. the post office has it out for one of us, or B. the horse that delivered it is past his prime and needs to be put out to pasture to enjoy some well deserved retirement. Let me know if any of you have had such strange happenings with your mail. Have a great day,

Paula

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont feel alone! I have called my post office because of this problem.I really hate to complain because these people handle"my mail". It's like being at a resturant and your food has something wrong with it. Your just too scared to say something. It's funny cause my friend just called me Wed. from Houston. She has a photograpy studio and her mail has been stolen twice. It's a crazy world. Smiles, Susie

sherri said...

My Post Office is still using Carrier Pigeons.
I've had so many problems here - In Texas, we were close to Dallas, so we always shipped mail and recieved mail without any problems whatsoever. I went this morning to the post office, because we can only pick up packages early on Saturdays (they are closed on weekends) and they were late in putting out all the mail. They were all just talking and chatting it up when I walked in. I asked if I had any packages, and she said "Well, we all went to the Diner and had Coffee and Breakfast, so we're a bit late".....????? HUH? What in the world - meanwhile I am waiting on my mail. They are having Eggs over easy & French toast while chatting about how pretty the weather has been. Go Figure!

Love that package you got though!! Looks like my kind of gift :)
xoxo Sherri

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've been lucky so far with the mail, as many packages as I send out, I do worry.