Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"A" for effort?




I have long admired The Nester and Susie at Bienvenue (at the left under friends) and their tassel making talent. As I would never attempt a "real" everyday tassel, I thought "how could you mess up on a scary Halloween one?" So here is my first and probably last attempt at this art form of tassel finery. I found a whole bag of these skeleton heads at The Dollar Tree and had some scrap trim lying around and it matches my candle stick "jewelry". By the way I am not usually a creepy Halloween person but my 15 year old son informed me that he is a little tired of the scarecrow and pumpkin "baby theme" he has had to indure his whole life...so this is for you Trevor!

6 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

I think it's pefect....you did a great job. He's spooky, scary, but sweet!

Mario and Amy Andreani said...

Creepy with style, I like that! Hey thanks again for what you did for me today. You truly are a very special friend! Miss you!
~Amy

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh it turned out great. I'm going to try and find that garland you had on the candles. I hope they have it here in AZ. :-)

Unknown said...

That is just too cute..opps I ment scary! Your tassel really came out great. I love to see everyone's tassle's... Each and everyone are so different just like all of us. Thanks for sharing and I do hope you try your hand at some more... Have a great weekend!

cherry said...

Oh I think that came out nice and freaky rofl. I came over from Susie's. Love your blog...you love to decorate just like me. Girl after my own heart. cherry

Screaming Meme said...

I love it! and I love Halloween! :) Your blog is awesome!