Monday, October 6, 2008

Weather Predicting....




My children and I saw the neatest thing on T.V. last year and decided to give it a try. You take a persimmon off of a tree and cut open the seeds. If the shape inside the seed appears to look like a fork your winter will be mild, if the shape resembles a knife, then it will be so cold it will cut through you like a knife, if the shape is of a spoon you can expect an abundance of snow....well I'm off to buy a snow shovel. You know what they say "The early bird gets a cleared walkway" or wait..is that the worm?

6 comments:

Girly Stuff said...

I love your ideas...you have such style! I have a dear friend who I sent your link to. She is opening her own store here in Texas this coming weekend...also a dream of hers that is coming true. Could you give her a shout out...you both seem so similar...Thanks!

http://cottagechickhuffman.blogspot.com/

The Berry's Patch said...

Cute! Well if the predictions are correct, please send some snow this way. :-)

Mario and Amy Andreani said...

I need to try that and see what's in store for us here in IOWA!!! I am almost afraid to know especially after last year's crazy winter.

Miss You,
Amy

Elle Jay Bee said...

That is so cool...I'm definitely showing my husband this! He's a bit of a weather watcher...

If you get a chance, stop by my blog and participate in the give-away I have going on. The prizes are pretty great!

Linda

Genny said...

That is so cool, Paula. What a fun idea!

Thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comments! I really appreciate it. I think your blog is beautiful and every time I come here, I love seeing your fun ideas. Have a great day!

Genny

Anonymous said...

cute ideas! so fun!